Check and Leasing Information

Ownership Change

Please submit all changes in writing to the addresses below. Please include your social security number and owner number with all submissions.

Remit To:

By Mail:
Gulfport Energy Corporation
Division Orders Department
713 Market Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73114

By Email:

 Please include with your submission the following documentation as applicable.

  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce decree
  • Any other document affecting name change
  • Death certificate
  • Copy of will
  • Copy of order admitting will to probate recorded to the proper deed records office
  • Letters testamentary or administration
  • Evidence that debts and taxes have been paid
  • Copy of Trust document if one was created through will
  • Death certificate
  • Evidence of debt and taxes being paid
  • Copy of recorded deed wherein you conveyed and/or received your ownership interest in property to another party
  • Provide Memorandum of Trust, including complete Trust documents
  • Recorded conveyance document from the current owner of record into the Trust
  • Tax identification, address, telephone number for the Trust

Frequently Asked Questions

You can request a Change of Address by logging into your EnergyLink account to complete the change of address process. You may also complete the Change of Address Form

Net revenue interest (NRI) is equal to the number of net mineral acres (NMA) you own divided by the total unit acreage for the well multiplied by the royalty rate in your oil and gas lease.

Formula: (Net Mineral Acres / Total Unit Acreage) x Royalty Rate

Example: If you own 5 net acres in a 640-acre spacing unit and your lease provides for a 1/8ths royalty, your interest is calculated as follows:

5 (NMA)/640 (Total Unit Acreage) x 1/8 (Royalty Rate) = 0.00097656

If you own an interest in an Oklahoma multi-unit well, your decimal calculated above would then be multiplied by the allocation factor for the section in which you own. The allocation factor is determined by the Oklahoma Corporation Commission and set forth in its multi-unit order after the multi-unit well is completed.

Example: In the same scenario above, if the allocation factor for the section in which you own was 50%, your calculation would be as follows:

5 (NMA)/640 (Total Unit Acreage) x 1/8 (Royalty Rate) x 50% (Allocation Factor) = 0.00048828

A Division Order is a record of an owners interest in a specific well.  It provides the owner's interest, interest type, well number, well name, remittance address and taxpayer identification number.

Division Orders are issued:

  • After a well has achieved first sales of either oil or gas
  • When a transfer of interest occurs between two or more parties.

Upon examination of your division order, you should keep one copy for your records and send an executed copy back to Gulfport.

Royalty owners share in production revenues. Working-interest owners share in both production revenues and development and operation expenses.

Your Tax ID is either your Social Security Number (SSN) or Employee Identification Number (EIN) and must be on file for identification and IRS reporting requirements. If your Tax ID is not on file, Gulfport is required by the IRS to withhold 24% of all payments and revenues until a Tax ID is provided.

Contact Gulfport Owner Relations through email at or via phone at 405-252-4772.

Direct deposit or automated clearing house (ACH), is now available to all interest owners with a United States bank account.

To enroll, log into your EnergyLink account and complete the electronic payment process.

You can view royalty payment detail through

Please contact EnergyLink Owner Relations Support at or 1-888-573-3364.

Revenue checks are mailed no later than the last business day of each month.

Routine maintenance, mechanical or operational issues may temporarily affect production. Changing market conditions can also cause price fluctuations.

Taxes customarily withheld are state severance taxes or state withholding taxes as may be required on all properties. The specific taxes withheld may depend on the specific language in your lease agreement. If a social security number is not provided, we are required to withhold federal taxes as mandated by the IRS.

Gulfport Energy is required to report to the Internal Revenue Service all payments made to interest owners. In order to report the payments correctly, we request that you fill out and return a W-9 form providing your tax identification number. The tax identification number for individuals is your Social Security number. If you represent a company, it will be your company’s tax identification number. If Gulfport Energy Corporation does not receive your tax identification number, we are required to withhold a federal tax referred to as "backup withholding”. The backup withholding tax rate is 24 percent. Click here for a downloadable W-9 form to provide your tax identification number to Gulfport Energy Corporation.

Based on the specific language in your lease, the deductions can be related to transportation, compression or gathering charges, and other third party charges related to transporting your share of gas to the point of sale.

Revenues are remitted to you once your revenue balance exceeds $25. Any balance amount under $25 will be paid annually at the end of August. Occasionally, payments are held due to claims against, or changes to, ownership such as a notice of death, change of address, transfer of property, assignment of interest or legal dispute. Payments due are accumulated and released when the matter affecting ownership has been resolved.

To protect owners, royalty payments are held in suspense due to title issues, transfers of interest, notice of death, lack of valid address, escheatment, missing Tax ID, unsigned division order, or other legal reasons/requirements.

The IRS requires 1099's to be mailed no later than January 31st.

The minimum amounts for which 1099s are issued are:

  • Box 1 (Rents) - $600
  • Box 2 (Royalties) - $10
  • Box 7 (Non-Employee Compensation/Gross Working Interest) - $600

1099s are mailed to your address of record on or before January 31

Email your name and owner/vendor number to a copy of your Form 1099 will be emailed to you

The IRS requires gross amounts be reported in Box 2 and Box 7. Your periodic disbursements are net of deductions and taxes. If you deduct the taxes and deductions from the amount reported in Box 2 or Box 7, the calculated figure should equal your deposits.

The values are as follows:

  • Box 1: (Rents) Monies paid for lease bonus, right-of-ways, shut-in royalty payments and water usage.
  • Box 2: (Royalties) Gross payments made on production.
  • Box 7: There are two types of monies that can be reflected here:
    • Gross Working Interest: Your owner type shares in the operating revenues and costs associated with the well.
    • Non-Employee Compensation: Payments made to contractors.

Contact Owner Relations

With ongoing guidance from our federal, state and local officials, Gulfport is limiting the amount of personnel working at our physical locations. This includes limiting the level of staffing for the Gulfport Owner Relations function.   As such, you may experience a delayed response time to your email or voice message.  We appreciate your patience and understanding as we transition to this temporary arrangement to ensure that we maintain the health and safety of our employees. 

Gulfport Energy Corporation
Owner Relations
713 Market Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73114
Phone: (405) 252-4772

For partner operational and production reports, please contact:

Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm CST